We are looking for the Associate GC. This is a senior role and in this role, you will be initially reporting to the CEO.
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of working on a broad variety of transactional and regulatory matters related to financial services and technology, securities laws and/or blockchain and cryptocurrency at tier 1, global law firm.
The responsibilities will be multifaceted and might span across managing a global legal team, building and leading a legal advisory for new products and services. You will lead and work with both in-house legal team members, external counsel and other external advisors to identify, create and scale solutions that work in fast-changing business and regulatory environments with international scope. You will work collaboratively with the executive team on executing on WorkDAO’s accelerated and aggressive global growth plan.
- Build and manage a global legal team that will oversee the legal and compliance-related workstreams related to our corporate setup, business operations, product development and sales;
- Scope, build, and manage relationships with external counsels and other advisors that will work with in-house legal team on complex, jurisdiction-specific matters;
- Ensure corporate and product compliance with applicable U.S. and international laws and regulations, in close collaboration with cross functional teams and external advisors;
- Advise on the strategic business decisions as we plan and execute on an accelerated and aggressive global growth plan across new product offerings, country-specific launches, and changing regulatory controls;
- Provide practical guidance to Business Development, Operations, Product and Engineering teams teams on day-to-day issues;
- Build and maintain scalable legal, compliance and risk management frameworks and processes;
- Develop, execute, and continually evaluate legal strategy in litigation and/or regulatory matters;
- Support business development initiatives and draft/negotiate contracts;
- Speak regularly in public as the voice for WorkDAO;
- Build and maintain an extensive network in the ecosystem to inform WorkDAO legal strategy;
- Collaborate closely with senior leadership
- Currently licensed in a U.S. state. JD or equivalent with 5+ years of legal experience, and preferably in-house experience as well
- Transactional experience in a tier 1 law firm
- Substantial expertise working with product teams in the crypto and fintech industry, specifically teams building protocols, DeFi, DAOs, NFTs, and other related products
- Experience with legal personnel management, building and running a smoothly functioning legal team
- A strong interest in digital currency and blockchain technology
- Ability to expertly advise and provide big-picture thought leadership to internal teams on the strategy, development, integration and expansion of existing and new products and services
- Excellent judgement, analytical rigor, clear communication, and business pragmatism
- Proven high level of maturity, executive presence, and judgement in complex high-profile situations