Backend / API Engineer
At Textile, we’re looking for passion, integrity, and an experimental mindset. We welcome rigorous thinkers who can move quickly, learn continuously, and thrive in a supportive and engaging workplace.
Textile's mission is to accelerate the exchange of information on the Internet. We are a small, fully remote team aligned in our vision to change the relationship between technology and data. What we are building Tableland.
Tableland is a network and SQL protocol for EVM chains like Ethereum. It is built for developers.
- Collaborate with the team working in the frontend to understand their needs while calling validator APIs.
- Maintain up to date documentation for the validator and communicate with our external validators community to help them run go-tableland in their own infrastructure.
- Participate in Discord chats with our community to answer questions regarding using and running a validator.
- You’ll help maintain our internal cloud infrastructure that runs multiple validators with analytics and monitoring stacks.
Example areas of work:
- You’ll work mainly in the go-tableland repository, implementing protocol changes from our spec.
- You’ll also work in our custom go-sqlparser repository which implements a custom SQL language for the protocol.
- You’ll participate in our protocol spec discussions to analyze future changes in the protocol.
- You’ll research leading technologies and develop research documents and proposals for development, optionally speaking and presenting to different communities
- Previous experience in Web3
- Good knowledge of the Ethereum protocol and L2s
- A detailed understanding of validators, blockchains, the EVM, and tokenomics
- Previous experience using Ethereum node APIs
- Technical skills
- Programming in Go for at least 2 years
- Experience configuring and deploying to cloud infrastructure
- Great attention to detail on building reliable software
- Interest in Web3 protocol design
- Interest in software and infrastructure security
- Excellent writing skills
- Self-directed with comfort working independently or with collaborators
- Previous experience building an open-source protocol
- Deep knowledge on how SQLite works
- Deep knowledge about different Ethereum scaling solutions