Business Development and Partnerships
Protocol Labs doesn’t just build core protocols for the decentralized web. We think builders and researchers should work on a variety of high-leverage goals for the betterment of humanity. For that reason, we're building the Network Goods team, a lab to develop and deploy better methods of funding the creation and maintenance of public goods, commons, infrastructure, and knowledge.
As part of our team, you’ll be enabling outcomes at the forefront of our mission. Our team is granted both the freedom to develop knowledge by working on novel applications and a responsibility to contribute those skills toward a flourishing future for all of humanity. You’ll feel at home working with us if your knowledge and optimism drive you to craft creative solutions working around evolving needs.
- Identify, strategize, and close high-impact fundraising for public goods efforts within Protocol Labs and in the broader public goods community
- Identify, structure and develop strategic relationships with mission-aligned partners to exponentially grow communities supporting public goods.
- Collaborate with academia and the broader community in exploring new and out-of-the-box economic models to fund and govern public goods
- Work in a fully asynchronous and remote team.
- Experience sourcing, structuring, and closing fundraising for early stage and high growth organizations (bonus points if it was your own organization!)
- A track record of developing and growing high-value strategic partnerships
- Familiarity with Web2 and Web3 ecosystems and how the industries are evolving.
- A self-starter attitude and a love of navigating complexity and ambiguity to deliver results.
- A rigorous, process-driven work style backed by an ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Deep flexibility and creativity with the ability to adapt to fast-changing needs and priorities.
- Prior growth, business strategy or development experience in the Web3 ecosystem or prior experience in running your own startup or a project providing a public good.
- Experience with and the desire to improve specific aspects of the public-goods-funding process.
- A technical background or strong familiarity (or fascination with) with Web3 technologies.
- Technical familiarity (or fascination with) with relevant flavors of economics (behavioral economics models, cryptoeconomic models, decentralized governance tooling).