Data Engineer Associate
Carrot Fertility is the leading global fertility care platform for women, who are often at the center of fertility care decisions and consequences. Plus, Carrot serves people of every age, race, income, sex, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, and geography. Trusted by hundreds of multinational employers, health plans, and health systems, Carrot's comprehensive clinical program delivers industry-leading cost savings for employers and award-winning experiences for millions of people worldwide. Whether there is a need for care through fertility preservation, male-factor infertility, pre-pregnancy, IVF, pregnancy and postpartum, adoption, gestational surrogacy, or menopause, Carrot supports members and their families through many of the most memorable and meaningful moments of their lives.
Carrot is seeking a Data Engineer Associate to join our rapidly growing Business Intelligence function as it scales to meet - and anticipate - the needs of the organization and its clients.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and cloud-based platforms to build scalable and reliable data pipelines and databases. You will have the opportunity to work with a team of talented data engineers, data scientists, and business intelligence analysts to support data-driven initiatives that have a positive impact on people's lives. You will also have the chance to learn from experienced senior data engineers to further develop your technical skills and knowledge in data engineering.
- Design, program, and test data processing applications to improve our data infrastructure.
- Participate in all aspects of data engineering by supporting our existing data integrations and data pipelines, data ingestions, exchanges, and traditional data warehouse and business intelligence systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support data-driven decision-making and contribute to the development of data architectures and solutions.
- Experience writing database queries in SQL
- Experience with database relational modeling
- Experience with Python development
- Experience working with version control systems (Git preferred)
- Experience with unit and integration testing in Python
- Experience with Snowflake, dbt and/or Prefect
- Experience working with AWS cloud services
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical & non-technical team members across the organization
- Quick learner, with ability to quickly grasp new concepts and excel