Edge & Node is a creative software development company working to build a vibrant, decentralized future. Founded by the initial team behind The Graph, Edge & Node is dedicated to the advancement of web3, a decentralized and fair internet where public data is available to all—an internet that enables its users to increase agency over their creations and their lives.
Edge & Node’s initial product is The Graph, an indexing protocol for querying networks like Ethereum and IPFS, which ensures open data is always available and easy to access. The Graph is used by thousands of protocols and dapps including Uniswap, Livepeer, Aave, Decentraland, and more. Edge & Node also launched Everest, a decentralized registry with the mission to catalyze the shift to web3, facilitating community-driven curation of projects providing ongoing utility to the crypto space.
The Graph Node & Infrastructure team is focused on developing and maintaining core software components that make The Graph work. We are especially focused on graph-node, an open source Rust implementation that provides subgraph deployment, indexing, and querying capabilities of The Graph, as well as operational support for Edge & Node's Hosted Service.
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated database administrator that can help us scale and manage the databases supporting The Graph Studio and Hosted Service. This role requires a deep understanding of data storage and indexing at scale, in the context of Postgres databases. Edge & Node’s Studio and Hosted Services are high-throughput projects, and the care and feeding of these systems is a critical role in our organization.
- Supporting database design initiatives and the ongoing support/administration of databases for Edge & Node's hosted service (to include system troubleshooting, refreshing and refactoring database instances, and system preventative maintenance)
- Supporting development and maintenance of database-related documentation
- Installing, configuring, and administering Postgres databases/shards
- Managing refreshes of the test, staging, and development environments
- Monitoring database performance and tune/optimize performance of databases and queries
- Previous experience in administration, monitoring, maintenance, and optimization of PostgreSQL databases
- Ability to advise on performance improvements and new features in our application's database usage
- Previous experience monitoring and troubleshooting of Postgres databases
- Participation in rotating on-call duty during working hours
- Familiarity with Rust or another low-level language desired, but not required
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively asynchronously with a multinational team spanning