Legal Team Intern - Summer 2023
Founded in 2009, we began in the traditional finance world, as a leader in the FX space. Sensing the seismic shifts taking place in the financial industry, and the disruptive power of digital assets, we made it our mission to make these decentralized trends accessible to every business, from market leaders to small retailers.
We are offering a summer internship on our Legal Team, beginning at the start of the intern’s summer 2023 semester and concluding before the intern’s following semester. The intern will report to and will be mentored by our in-house Associate Counsel. This internship will enhance the intern’s understanding of domestic & international compliance, corporate law, and cryptocurrency regulations.
This internship is designed to provide real-world experience which will add professional context to the intern’s specialized academic program for the next academic semester, so the ideal intern is a junior or senior who has gained familiarity with basic legal concepts before starting the internship. We do not offer a formal training program; instead the intern will receive hands-on training during this internship which will enrich the educational experience, similar to training that the intern would receive through a lab course.
- Conducting regulatory and policy research that applies to our business products
- Filing and organizing contracts and agreements
- Identifying and analyzing regulatory compliance procedures in the crypto space
- Creating legal and operational process guides
- Providing compliance, corporate and administrative support
- Performing ad-hoc tasks on an as-needed basis in support of the legal function
- Experience which demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in progress, with a major in pre-law or law (or related fields such as legal studies or business law) a plus
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Independence, initiative, and creative problem-solving skills
- Understand the necessity of maintaining discretion and confidentiality
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Google apps
- Zoho CRM
This is an unpaid internship with academic credit available. This internship requires 20-24 hours per week and is a hybrid role in our New York City office.
Internships with Shift are conducted without entitlement to a paid job at the conclusion of the internship.