OTC Sales Trader - Digital Assets
Keyrock was founded in 2017 and has quickly grown from 3 to over 100 people today. As an industry recognized liquidity provider and market maker, Keyrock is a leading European creator of algorithmic trading technologies in the digital asset space. With VC backing including Series B investment from Ripple, a constantly expanding global client base, and revenues growth 13x in 2021, Keyrock is one of Belgium’s fastest-growing fintech companies.
We’re currently active on over 80 exchanges and count numerous marketplaces and asset issuers among our clients, including some of the best-known companies in the crypto space.
Keyrock's beating heart is its technical team filled with crypto and DeFi natives, software engineers, digital scientists and PhDs, who themselves are supported by university professors, industry-leading experts and a strong management team. Over the years Keyrock has become a company that is both idealistic and practical.
We are looking for an experienced and driven sales trader who will be responsible for overseeing some of our OTC desk activities. Your mission will be to research new commercial opportunities, pitch to and nurture relationships with clients and own execution of OTC trading operations.
- Support the growth of all OTC services within the EU/America and Asian region, with a specific focus on electronic OTC services.
- Identify new business opportunities, and drive the volume/revenue targets of the automated OTC & liquidity systems.
- Develop new client relationships, whether through cold-calls or cross-business referrals.
- Communicating and liaising with counterparties to ensure the optimal KEYROCK OTC services
- Provide quotes to and execute trades with OTC counterparties.
- Drive increased trading volume to OTC Desk by understanding clients' liquidity needs, proactively identify ways for high and low touch execution services to meet those needs, and provide client support for execution and liquidity.
- Process improvement - working with developers to help automate processes or design ways to streamline current processes
- Answering trade queries internally and externally.
- Achieve business sales revenue targets
- Identify new channels for growth - working with the Marketing team to propose new channels to deliver sales growth.
- Product feedback — think about how the product offering can develop and how this is relayed to the product team to ensure we’re building solutions to solve real problems.
- Strengthen existing client relationships to increase their use of OTC services/volumes.
- Work in conjunction with Trading, Product, Technology, Operations, Legal to deliver enhanced products and institutional user experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or another Quantitative Field
- Experience in Sales/trading in crypto, with traditional finance background as a plus.
- Prior experience with counterparty relationship management in a crypto/financial services company with high-volume and complex operations (multiple products, multiple geographies);
- Experience in an HFT/market making business is a significant advantage
- Ability to analyze and work with tabular data
- Experience in process improvement is a significant advantage
- Strong interest and curiosity in blockchain technology, crypto/digital assets
- Proven track record in discover, negotiation, objection handling, and market best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly
- Drive to do whatever it takes to get things done; ability to find creative yet highly professional and compliant solutions to complex tasks
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset. results-oriented, and able to drive business and growth agendas independently but within a team environment
- Effective communicator, and able to present business and product solutions to external stakeholders.
- Ability to grow innovative OTC and liquidity solutions across the various institutional market participants.
- Solid understanding of electronic trading systems, liquidity and trading ecosystems, OMS/EMS, and API connectivity B2B solutions.
- Determination, ambition yet humility; ability to both influence others and listen/learn from others
- Ability to make decisions under pressure and work in a high paced environment
- Strong team player attitude.
- Ability to work in a highly fast-paced, cross-functional environment to drive stakeholder alignment and scale objectives
- Ability to travel to conferences or events when required