Tessera provides ownership of the world’s most sought after NFTs! Working at Tessera, you will be building on the cutting edge of art, finance, and blockchain technology to help shape the future of digital collecting experiences.
As a product designer, you will be responsible working with our other product designers to design the holistic product experience for existing and stealth projects that are on the cutting edge of NFT infrastructure. You will be responsible for creating an exciting, engaging, and interactive experience for the community surrounding novel NFT use cases and interaction models.
You will also be expected to understand our feature audience and collaborate with our web development team (located on the East Coast and Europe) and protocol team to understand and translate business requirements to elegant visual design solutions and experiences which will delight the NFT community!
User experience, prototyping, visualization, human computer interaction, user research, and marketing communication design skills will all be valued, as we add layers of delight to our product.
Our fast-paced, agile team will require a penchant for task management, a proactive attitude, attention to detail, collaboration, and prioritization.
- Own design for a specific portion of the product
- Create UI & UX flows, wireframes, low and high fidelity prototypes, and pixel perfect UI
- Facilitate and participate workshops + brainstorming sessions
- Perform user research planning, documentation and synthesis to enable product discovery (in close collaboration with our other designers, web developers, and feedback from the community over channels such as Discord, Twitter, and Telegram)
- Contribute to team planning and feature strategy
- Proactively identify ways to improve the design based on feedback from the community across our channels
- Create design artifacts and visual elements that are reusable and scalable
- Contribute to a culture of human-centered design
- Execute rapid wireframing and prototyping
- Degree in a design field, including digital design, user interaction, human computer interaction, related field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of work experience in design, 1+ years of design as part of a product team working directly with developers
- 1+ years in interacting with Web3 products, NFT platforms, or decentralized protocols
- Experience across the full palette of digital design expression, web, mobile, and experiential
- You are an incredible design thinker with outstanding service design chops. You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to build delightfully simple experiences.
- You have a people-focused design mentality. Even though you have incredible chops, you are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test.
- Fluency in Figma design and prototyping [including clickable prototypes]
- An impressive portfolio demonstrating your problem solving process, ability and work that drives results
- A keen eye and high attention to detail - let me know you've read this bullet in the first interview
- Experience working closely with PMs and engineers, and being the team’s champion and voice of the user when creating a feature
- The ability to peel back the layers and go deep – critical thinking at its finest
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and the ability to prioritize multiple work streams in a fast-paced startup
- Team player and nurturer of a healthy workplace culture
- No ego, a goal-oriented design enthusiast who both pro-actively seeks and invites constructive feedback with confidence
- Entrepreneurial “can do” attitude and a relentless passion for collaboration and creative thinking
- Fluency in English
Bonus points for
- Motion or graphic design work in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Photoshop)
- Experience with Sketch and InVision, and interactive prototypes
- Experience working in design for a consumer technology, ecommerce, SaaS product, or other software-related company OR working for a previous blockchain, cryptocurrency, or Web3 company
- 2+ years of experience working at a high-paced tech start-up
- Deep understanding of complex blockchain concepts