Product Marketing Lead
At Mercury, we’re building a better way to bank* for all types of businesses. We started by imagining what the best banking platform for startups would be like. Fast forward a few short years, and we are adding more and more financial tools to support businesses as they grow. In just the past year we have launched Venture Debt, Bill Pay, and the IO credit card. And it’s not just startups - we have customers in ecommerce, non-profit, crypto, and other industries as well.
Now we’re expanding our product marketing team to launch new Mercury products, and increase awareness and adoption with our target customers, with the goal of matching each customer with the right set of financial products. We are looking for people who are eager to be embedded within a product team and play a key role in collaborating with our rapidly growing product, engineering, marketing, brand, data science, sales, and compliance teams.
As the Product Marketing Lead, you will focus on some of Mercury’s most important core products - our checking and savings accounts, debit & credit cards, mobile app and more. You will know these products and accompanying features inside and out. You’ll understand and build customer personas for our buyer (the startup founder). And, you’ll own how we position Mercury’s core products to win new customers and retain existing ones.
- Seamlessly transition from developing a high-level strategy one day to rolling up your sleeves to get things done the next - this can be anything from writing copy to conducting your own analysis.
- Deeply understand our target customers and the competitive landscape: use quantitative and qualitative data to understand what they need and where the incumbent products available today aren’t cutting it.
- Be the marketing leader for product, engineering, design, marketing, and business teams to develop and execute GTM plans to launch new products and support continual adoption and awareness of existing ones. You’ll be responsible for positioning, audience segmentation, key value propositions, and channel strategy.
- Build a strong relationship with Marketing and Brand teams to develop advertising, landing pages, public relations outreach, emails campaigns, case studies, and social posts relating to your products.
- Test, learn, and iterate - it is early days for us and we are open-minded to what the “best” strategy or process will be.
- Build a team - manage 1 direct report to start while assessing what resources the business and product will need to be successful.
- Have 7+ years of experience in marketing, growth, or product role, ideally within tech or financial services (fintech experience is a plus).
- Experience managing, recruiting, and hiring small teams with outsized impact. You will be expected to manage and execute to start.
- Prioritize using a mix of data and first principles. Enjoy poking holes and thinking about problems from multiple angles.
- Be super organized, but not rigid.
- Consider yourself a marketing generalist. You are as comfortable discussing a social media or email campaign as you are conducting customer research and defining a product’s go-to-market strategy.
- Be a master communicator - pride yourself in being able to influence others and work cross-functionally effectively.
- Enjoy storytelling through numbers and testing your assumptions (experience with data analysis and SQL is a big plus).
- Be passionate about solving problems for startup founders. You are excited to talk to customers and have experience doing customer research that is turned into actionable strategy and recommendations.