Senior Product Designer
Trustworthy is a venture-backed startup creating a new category we call the Family Operating System®. Our mission is to keep families organized and prepared by delivering a secure and beautiful online service that keeps their most important information protected, organized, and optimized. Trustworthy is the modern family’s single destination point for everything from financial accounts, life insurance policies, and estate documents to family stories, traditions, and passport numbers.
We’re a design-driven company looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer, who is a UX wizard with strong UI inclinations. We want this designer to bring their UX leadership and unique point of view to the team. They’ll play a critical role in crafting the user experience across web and mobile by architecting flows, building wireframes, designing delightful interactions, communicating with engineers, and more.
The Senior Product Designer will report to the Director of Design and work very closely with the Chief Product Officer and Lead Product Designer. Together we’ll partner with engineering, design, research, marketing, and customer support to evolve our strategy, long-term goals, and near-term execution needs. The executive leadership team will look to you to help make informed decisions about UX strategy.
- Translating product ideas and feedback into design specs
- Synthesizing research
- Building wireframes across mobile and desktop
- Architecting flows across mobile and desktop
- Occasionally writing UX copy
- Delivering specs to the engineering team for weekly sprints
- Helping prioritize the ever-growing stack of design needs
- Contributing to our evolving design system
- Exploring new ideas and staying abreast of trends
- Maintaining an inclusive company culture (We’re all Chief Culture Officers over here!)
- Recruiting great teammates (designers and others)
- Has at least 5+ years of relevant design work experience and has shipped large scale digital consumer products on both web and mobile.
- Is comfortable as a leader/mentor and an individual contributor. Previous leadership and/or management experience is a plus.
- Is a multi-faceted thinker and problem solver who can confidently apply their UX/UI toolkit across web and mobile experiences.
- Believes in the power of prototyping and user testing – we love to develop rapid prototypes for new features that generate feedback quickly.
- Has an ability and interest to learn.
- Has a clean and refined design aesthetic. Pays close attention to detail. Creating beautiful graphic interfaces is in their wheelhouse.
- Loves building layouts, wireframes, and flows in Figma.
- Can write design specs and standards for engineering teams.
- Contributes to a design system with complex components.
- Works efficiently and meets sprint schedules.
- Contributes to our strong design-driven company culture.
- Is a strong, clear communicator.
- Enjoys wearing multiple hats and working in a fast-paced, self-directed business environment that encourages individual decision-making, diversity of perspective, and innovation.
- Has a network of former colleagues who are eager to work with them again.