Senior Product Designer, Financial Crimes Technology
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
The Financial Crimes Technology team's mission is to build products and technologies that help Block, Inc. manage risk at scale to empower its core businesses–Cash App, Square, Afterpay, and more–to grow and bring economic empowerment to all. We develop customer-centric solutions that help analyze and act on billions of dollars in blockchain, person-to-person (P2P), and merchant transactions across the globe to find and stop criminal activity.
As a senior-level Product Designer, you will oversee design strategy and execution for products that empower important functions, such as flow of funds investigations, identity verification, ongoing due diligence, and analytics. Financial Crimes Technology offers a unique challenge that requires designers to solve for many products and platforms in parallel. Our technologies serve a global operations team, consumer and merchant product teams, external technology partners, and financial intelligence units (FIUs).
- Oversee design strategy and execution of financial crime investigative tools built in-house and used by more than 1000 investigators and program experts throughout Block, Inc.
- Build design systems and integrated user experiences with internal and external systems and Block's core apps, such as Cash App, Square, and Afterpay
- Help institute sound design and user research practices
- Have the opportunity to build 0-to-1 solutions
- At least (7) years of relevant professional experience
- A portfolio that shows work for which you were directly responsible
- Experience bringing elegant, intuitive designs to complex user problems and multi-user workflows, particularly on web
- A track-record of delivering high-fidelity, intuitive designs across all phases: ideation, prototyping, validation, and delivery of high-fidelity specifications
- Fluency in systems and concepts such as Figma, Jira, Notion, and Jobs-to-be-Done
- A desire to understand user problems and come up with creative solutions for them
- The ability to work with, prioritize across, and align many partner groups
- Conviction in your ideas yet you are open to diverse points of view
Even better if you have:
- Worked in the regulatory compliance space in the past
- Experience designing enterprise-grade workflow management products (e.g. AGILE project management tools, CRMs, HR management)
- A track record and desire to lead user research and usability studies
- Experience building 0-to-1 products, platforms, and design systems