Senior Security Engineer
edge media editor incorporating real time collaboration, ground-breaking UX, and cutting-edge AI. This is the future of media!
As a Security Engineer, you will design and drive systemic improvements to Descript’s product, infrastructure, and IT systems security. We are looking for security generalists who have good fundamentals and the desire to teach and advise colleagues. As one of the early members of Security Engineering, you will be shaping what Security looks like at Descript as we grow. If you love the idea of working closely with engineering leadership and the rest of the team to set the foundational directions for security, and if you're passionate about helping to build a product that users love, this may be the role for you!
- Develop technical and business solutions to prevent and mitigate current and new attack vectors and security vulnerabilities in both our product and our infrastructure.
- Provide security assessments, including regular audits of our security posture, code reviews, and design reviews.
- Own our relationship with the security community, from handling vulnerability reports to running pen testing and offensive security exercises.
- Promote best practices and develop technical guardrails for security, privacy, and trustworthiness at Descript.
- Grow a security culture and team at Descript.
- 5+ years experience in security engineering, or 5+ years in software engineering with an interest in working in security
- A solid understanding of at least two of: SaaS security, public cloud infra security, Linux/Mac/Windows systems security, and web app security
- Basic coding skills to work on automation and technical guardrails.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to collaborate with other functions
- Experience mentoring engineers, including code reviews, architecture discussions, and leadership skills