Senior Software Engineer - Data
We are looking for Senior+ Data Engineers to join our growing Engineering team.
It’s an exciting time to join Sorare as we scale our product, engineering & marketing organizations. As we work on expanding to more sports as well as scaling our current game, building the right data foundations is a company top priority.
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for the strategy and growth of our data infrastructure. The core competencies of this role include building and supervising our data platform, managing and organizing our data, looking for trends and inconsistencies that impact business & product goals as well as continuous improvement. Be ready, things move quickly at Sorare as we work toward building a unique and category-leading game!
You don’t need to be a sport expert, a gaming addict or crypto enthusiast to work with us. We're looking for teammates who like to get things done, work in a fast-paced environment at a hyper-growth company, take ownership and autonomy for their work, and expect to learn a lot along the way.
- Build and maintain our data platform
- Collect, organize, and model large volumes of data
- Develop and automate data flows from ingest to visualization in dashboards and reports
- Design pipelines that generate insights that power business intelligence and product decisions
- Design and document our data taxonomy to ensure consistency across the organization
- Support Data Analysts & Data Scientists with the right tools & data to efficiently take data-driven decisions for their respective org
- 5+ years of professional experience in software or data engineering
- Extensive knowledge of database query languages, database design, and internals knowledge of query planning
- Significant professional experience with Python
- Production experience with data platforms and tools such a Airflow, DBT, Kafka, StitchData, and Looker
- Production experience with datastores such as Postgres, Dynamo, RedShift, Snowflake, and BigQuery
- Experience building and operating production systems at scale
- Experience with agile development practices
- Self-sufficient without the need for daily direction from your manager
- Eager to learn and work in an environment with new technologies and paradigms
- Experience working at a B2C or B2B2C (Marketplace) company is a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills