Senior Software Engineer - Protocol
Pocket Network is the leading decentralized blockchain infrastructure protocol. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of our quickly growing adoption curve. As an open-source, permissionless protocol driving developer adoption, we believe in a future that will enable greater participation in global digital economies and communities.
We are committed to building a fun, inclusive workplace and culture based on our values. Our core values inform how we work together as a team, how we service our users, and how we approach the products we build.
We're looking for open-minded, motivated individuals that want to expand the adoption of Web3. We are a fast moving, collaborative, and free thinking team. We're united by our desire to fully decentralize Web3, build amazing products for our users, and create a diverse and welcoming workplace.
We are looking for a self-starter and growth-minded Protocol Software Engineer who is passionate about working in a transparent environment. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience and understands the importance of balancing R&D and delivery, while being agile, tool-driven, documentation-focused and continuously adapting. It is it is someone who is excited to push themselves outside of their comfort zone and is not afraid to tackle a challenge they haven’t seen before.
R&D - Research
- Architect and design various components of the V1 Pocket Network Protocol
- Keep up to date and study the latest advances in cryptography, distributed systems, peer-to-peer networks, zero-knowledge proofs and other crypto projects
- Maintain and improve the protocol specifications to guarantee its security, efficiency and clarity by building diagrams, peer-reviews and periodic updates
- Build diagrams, write specifications and present results from research with the team and community
- Participate in design and ideation meetings with the team and community
R&D - Development
- Implement protocol level features using GoLang
- Adopt, design and build tooling to optimize and ease the development process of the V1 Pocket Network protocol
- Write and maintain documentation that’ll reduce the barrier of entry of protocol development to others
- Work closely with the QA team to align on requirements and build an industry leading test suite to guarantee the security of the network
- Work closely with the Infrastructure team to align on requirements and build an industry leading infrastructure to deploy, monitor and interact with Pocket nodes
- Participate in contributor hours, community channels, answer questions, and review external contributions
- Onboard, mentor and lead new engineers as they join the project either as core team members or external contributors
- Document new tasks with a high level of detail that can be taken on by other team members or the community
- Proactively practice, maintain and enforce the use of good software engineering practices and the contribution guide to maintain a healthy codebase
- Collaborate with the core team and external contributors in both design sessions and pair coding sessions
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, related field or transferable industry experience
- Experience in at least one of: GoLang, Python, Rust, C++, Erlang
- Linux experience
- Ability to proactively manage tasks, work and operate as part of a team
- Ability to identify and decompose ambiguous tasks into structured, composable and understandable deliverables
- Passion to work in a transparent, fast-paced environment alongside a team that is building the foundation of Web3