Software Engineer, Analytics
Sorare is at the intersection of sports, gaming, and NFT collectibles. Through tradable digital cards, Sorare is designing a collective fantasy sports experience where you can manage your favorite players, hone your passion to earn prizes, and be part of a thriving community. Anyone, anywhere, can connect with the game on Sorare. The company’s mission is to build “the game within the game” and to give fans, players and clubs the platform to celebrate, share, and own your game.
Founded in 2018, Sorare has seen tremendous growth. The platform has a card sales volume of over $400M since January 2021 (up from $8M in sales in 2020) and now has exclusive partnerships with over 250 football (soccer) clubs, the MLB & MLBPA, and the NBA & NBPA. Sorare is trusted by a world-class team of investors including Softbank, Benchmark, Accel Partners, athletes such as Serena Williams and Kylian Mbappé, and key tech investors such as Alexis Ohania - all who believe in the future of integrating NFTs with Gameplay.
As an Analytics Engineer, you will sit at the intersection of Data Analytics, Data Engineering, and business stakeholders. You will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining our enterprise data model. You speak the language of business teams and technical teams and can translate data insights and analysis needs into data robust and efficient data models.
- Serve as the Directly Responsible Individual for the enterprise data model
- Collaborate with data team members and business stakeholders to collect business requirements and translate them into clean data sets ready for analysis
- Design, develop, and extend dbt and LookML code to transform raw data into a coherent data model that will serve as the Single-source-of-truth for analytics & reporting
- Implement data tests, monitoring, and alerting to increase data quality and reliability
- Create and maintain data documentation and definitions, including core company KPIs
- Approve data model changes as code owner for our dbt and Looker projects
- Share data modeling expertise with data team members through code reviews, pair programming, and training to help deliver optimal, DRY, and efficient data model designs and queries through our database and Looker dashboards
- Implement Data Ops, applying software engineering best practices to analytics code
- 4+ years of prior experience in the data space as an analytics engineer - or as an analyst, engineer, or equivalent with ownership over the data model
- Expertise in designing and implementing dimensional models - preferably with 2+ years experience with dbt
- 4+ years working with a large-scale (preferably cloud) data warehouse
- 2+ years experience building reports and dashboards in a data visualization tool, preferably Looker & LookML
- Expert-level SQL and python
- Experience with DevOps best practices
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with organizational skills and an ability to create project plans to identify tasks, milestones, and deliverables
- Strong communication - able to clearly and concisely communicate both complex business concepts and technical requirements, and achieve consensus among technical and business teams
- Desire to work in NYC full-time