Software Engineer (Testing)
Web3Auth is a VC-backed company that works on applied cryptography and we specialize in private key management software. Our company vision is to proliferate the usage of cryptographic keys to enable use cases that empower the individual. Our solution allows for applications to setup a public key infrastructure while maintaining flows that end-users are familiar with. You can (git) check out all of our open-source code at https://github.com/torusresearch. We’re heavily execution-driven, flexible and impact-focused.
Our aim is to provide a seamless user experience to the applications that integrate us, ultimately driving adoption in the ecosystem. You will work hands-on on Web3Auth, various tools and rapidly deliver innovative solutions. As a key member of the development team, the candidate should be comfortable with driving technical ideas and communicating clearly with technical as well as non-technical audiences.
We are hiring a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) who can work effectively in both development and testing roles. You should be comfortable taking part in the SDLC and have deep knowledge in testability, robustness and performance of software testing. This role is essentially different from QA Engineer.We are hiring Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), not Quality Assurance (QA)
- Take part in every step of the software development process, including designing, development and testing.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional team members to understand, refine, and implement product requirements with quality, accuracy, and speed
- Understand the application and scope out the test plan
- Diligently produce and document robust, high-quality test plans and test cases
- Design and implement scalable, automated test solutions for functional, regression, security, and performance testing
- Engage with and support a healthy team environment through effective communication, respect, empathy, and a strong sense of personal responsibility
- Stay up to date with and encourage the appropriate use of the latest technologies and industry best practices
- 3+ years of experience testing highly available web applications at scale, inclusive of manual and automated testing
- Be passionate about delivering robust software and great user experiences
- Strong knowledge of software testing methodologies, tools and processes
- Foundational understanding of computer science including data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems design
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Debugging and performance benchmark experience on the web
- Experience with white and black box testing
- Experience with fundamental web technologies including HTTP, HTML5, CSS, and RESTful web services;
- Experience with web application security, defensive/offensive programming concepts, and related best practices
- Experience working with E2E testing tools such as Cypress, playwright etc would be a plus