Substrate RunTime Engineer
Astar Network is the future of smart contracts for multichain. Our unique Build2Earn model empowers developers to get paid through a dApp staking mechanism for their code and the dApps they build. We are made by developers and for developers, and we support the building of dApps with EVM and WASM smart contracts.Astar’s vibrant ecosystem has become Polkadot’s leading Parachain globally, supported by all major exchanges and Tier 1 VCs. Astar offers the flexibility of all Ethereum and WASM toolings for developers to start building their dApps. To accelerate growth on Polkadot and Kusama Networks, Astar Space Labs offers an Incubation Hub for top dApps.Current Investors Include Binance, Huobi, Hypersphere Ventures, Gumi Cryptos, Polychain Capital, TRGC, IOSG Ventures, Hashkey, Digital Strategies, Longhash, Scytale, Fenbushi, DFG, Alchemy Ventures, GSR, Injective, Coinbase Ventures, Crypto.com Capital, Alameda Research, KR1, OKX Ventures, Sub0 Capital, GSR, and Gavin Wood.
At Astar, we have a positive team culture that is guided by our Shine like "A STAR" methodology cultural assessment. We are committed to living up to our acronym, ASTAR, which represents our values and defines who we are. We take pride in our work and are "All In" when it comes to taking responsibility for our actions. We believe in honest communication and creating an open and transparent environment where everyone's voice is heard, which is why we encourage you to "Speak Your Mind" to bring out the best in the team. We "Take Ownership" of our work and are always there for each other and our community. We are "Always Improving" and strive to learn, grow, and improve ourselves and our work. Our team is "Resourceful" and problem-solving, we are not afraid to try new things, and stay curious to find new and better ways of doing things. Overall, our culture is focused on building a strong team that works together, supports each other, and embodies the values of ASTAR.
We are seeking a skilled Substrate Runtime Engineer to join our team and assist in the development of our blockchain platform. The ideal candidate will have expertise in integrating Substrate core modules and adapting them as needed, as well as experience working with smart contract virtual machines, particularly EVM and WASM contract pallets.
- Collaborate with the core development team to integrate Substrate core modules, adapt if necessary and work on the smart contract VMs
- Implement features for cross-communication between EVM and the WASM contract pallet
- Integrate XCM function with smart contracts
- Engage with the wider technical team/other departments - Front End/Infrastructure/Operations
- Take ownership of backlog pipeline and work through in priority order
- Keep to date knowledge of monthly substrate releases/upgrades
- Provide recommendations on implementation of new release features that could benefit the core Astar Network
- Minimum 1+ years of experience in Rust development on Substrate framework
- In depth knowledge of Substrate frame development, storage migration, runtime upgrades, and XCM format
- Deep understanding of blockchain architecture, particularly based on Substrate framework
- Personal projects related to substrate based GitHub projects and solving tasks are highly valued
- Consistency of commits is important on your github – showcasing a consistent previous history, or providing other repo information showing this is highly desirable.
- Interest in decentralized technology and Web 3.
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Understanding of cross-cultural communication in a highly diverse and distributed working environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrate good software characteristics, detail-oriented writing skills
How you can stand
- Familiarity with Solidity
- Familiarity with ink! for WAsm.
- Knowledge of testing frameworks e.g Mocha.js
- Experience in a fast-paced startup in the blockchain industry
- Understanding of Polkadot and its ecosystem
- Strong understanding of relevant blockchain technology and communities
- Passion for the blockchain and Web3 technology industry